July 2015 2
We live in a world where online dating has become an easy, effective way to find your ideal soul mate. Globally, there has been a 57% increase in the number of online dating profiles — but have you ever thought of setting up a dating profile for your dog ? It’s not that crazy after all: Americans alone spend over $50 billion on their pets, who many consider to be members of the family. Here are three reasons why you might want to play matchmaker with your furry friends by setting up a dog dating profile.
1. Dogs Can Be Lonely Too
Based on surveys, 59% of dog owners only have one dog. While their owners are away at work or school, their dogs are often left alone. Of the 55 million dogs in the United States, an estimated 4% suffer from separation anxie (more…)
Though we wish they were, our pets are not invulnerable. Bad things can happen to them, and when they do, we need to know whether to take them to get emergency vet care or not. Here are just a few such issues that warrant a trip to the advanced veterinary care centers.
- Blood in Urine or Stool – If your dog has any blood in its urine or stool, it should go to a pet wellness center. Bloodly urine or feces is indicative of internal bleeding, which if left unchecked, can prove to be fatal. Failing that, there may also be something else that’s seriously wrong, such as an issue with the dog’s kidneys. Try to save some of the stool, if possible, so that the veterin (more…)
We Love Our Doggies
How many presents for your pets did you have under your tree this Christmas? If you are part of a family that has nearly as many gifts for the pets as you do for yourself, you are likely also the kind of family that has a favorite animal medical center where you go whenever your […]
When you have a household pet, chances are that you consider them to be part of your family. Given this, you likely take them to the vet on a regular basis and make sure that their shots are up-to-date. In addition to taking care of your pet’s health and well-being by only feeding them quality […]
Did you know that nearly 50 million U.S. households own a dog? That’s nearly 50 percent of all households! Dogs are our companions and tried and true friends. They greet us when we get home, they love on us when we are sad, and they are always up for a walk or belly rub. If […]
- Across 7 Time Zones, a Morning Routine Is a Constant
What makes for a good morning? Experts have lots of advice. But what do you actually do? Here are some tips from real people. [...]
- As Google Feeds Cats, Owl Lovers Cry Foul
In a Silicon Valley park, burrowing owls are dying and disappearing. Public records and a bit of snooping uncovered a path that led to Google and its [...]
- The Pets Are All Right (Even Though You’re Gone)
Pet trusts and wills can help ensure that your pets thrive should you die or become incapacitated. [...]
- Who Spends $140,000 on a CryptoKitty?
Blockchain art is technically priceless. [...]
- The Social Media Genius of Keith Hernandez
The former Mets and St. Louis Cardinals (and “Seinfeld”) star has reinvented himself on social media with renewed success. Of course, it helped to [...]