July 2015 2
We live in a world where online dating has become an easy, effective way to find your ideal soul mate. Globally, there has been a 57% increase in the number of online dating profiles — but have you ever thought of setting up a dating profile for your dog ? It’s not that crazy after all: Americans alone spend over $50 billion on their pets, who many consider to be members of the family. Here are three reasons why you might want to play matchmaker with your furry friends by setting up a dog dating profile.
1. Dogs Can Be Lonely Too
Based on surveys, 59% of dog owners only have one dog. While their owners are away at work or school, their dogs are often left alone. Of the 55 million dogs in the United States, an estimated 4% suffer from separation anxie (more…)
Though we wish they were, our pets are not invulnerable. Bad things can happen to them, and when they do, we need to know whether to take them to get emergency vet care or not. Here are just a few such issues that warrant a trip to the advanced veterinary care centers.
- Blood in Urine or Stool – If your dog has any blood in its urine or stool, it should go to a pet wellness center. Bloodly urine or feces is indicative of internal bleeding, which if left unchecked, can prove to be fatal. Failing that, there may also be something else that’s seriously wrong, such as an issue with the dog’s kidneys. Try to save some of the stool, if possible, so that the veterin (more…)
We Love Our Doggies
If you are a horse owner then chances are you love your horses and want the best for them. This includes making sure that they are physically fit and comfortable. There are a lot of ways to ensure these things, but one of the best is with some therapeutic products made just for them. Products […]
Fish are popular pets all throughout the country and it’s quite clear to see why. For one thing, they come in many different varieties, meaning that there is likely a fish out there for just about everyone. In addition to this, fish can be quite beautiful indeed, providing a lovely backdrop for any given home. […]
For every family, it is likely that your pet is a beloved member of your family as much as your kids or your spouse. It can be hard to leave them every day for long hours while you head off to work, and especially for those long periods when you have to leave town for […]
- ‘The Cat Rescuers’ Review: A Portrait of New York’s Street Cats and Their Loyal Humans
New York is teeming with stray cats. Meet the people trying to do something about it. [...]
- What Do Teenagers Need? Ask the Family Dog
Pets provide comforts that seem tailor-made for the stresses of normal adolescent development. [...]
- Does Fluffy Really Want to Be an Adventure Cat?
With a leash and a harness, any feline can safely explore the great outdoors. But owners need to be mindful of signs of stress. [...]
- When Your Dog (or Cat) Gets That Look
Readers comment on the almost-human facial expressions of dogs and cats. [...]
- Cat Declawing Ban Is Passed by N.Y. Lawmakers
The measure is for people who “think their furniture is more important than their cat,” a supporter said. Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo would have to sign [...]