July 2015 2
We live in a world where online dating has become an easy, effective way to find your ideal soul mate. Globally, there has been a 57% increase in the number of online dating profiles — but have you ever thought of setting up a dating profile for your dog ? It’s not that crazy after all: Americans alone spend over $50 billion on their pets, who many consider to be members of the family. Here are three reasons why you might want to play matchmaker with your furry friends by setting up a dog dating profile.
1. Dogs Can Be Lonely Too
Based on surveys, 59% of dog owners only have one dog. While their owners are away at work or school, their dogs are often left alone. Of the 55 million dogs in the United States, an estimated 4% suffer from separation anxie (more…)
Though we wish they were, our pets are not invulnerable. Bad things can happen to them, and when they do, we need to know whether to take them to get emergency vet care or not. Here are just a few such issues that warrant a trip to the advanced veterinary care centers.
- Blood in Urine or Stool – If your dog has any blood in its urine or stool, it should go to a pet wellness center. Bloodly urine or feces is indicative of internal bleeding, which if left unchecked, can prove to be fatal. Failing that, there may also be something else that’s seriously wrong, such as an issue with the dog’s kidneys. Try to save some of the stool, if possible, so that the veterin (more…)
We Love Our Doggies
For every family, it is likely that your pet is a beloved member of your family as much as your kids or your spouse. It can be hard to leave them every day for long hours while you head off to work, and especially for those long periods when you have to leave town for […]
One of the most affirming and fulfilling things in life can be owning a pet. A pet of any kind can bring a lot of joy and happiness to your life and if you already have a pet, there can be a number of wonderful and cherished memories for you to keep. This also brings […]
Dogs, or “Man’s best friend,” are excellent and highly popular pets around the world, and in the United States, some 75 million pet dogs can be found. Dogs and cats together are the two most popular pet types, but they require some certain care or hardware at times. For dogs in particular, it is important […]
- Judge John Hodgman on Unsanctioned Cat Nicknames
How far can you take things? [...]
- Is It Time? Making End of Life Decisions for Pets
To help pet owners make decisions about end of life care, a veterinarian developed a decision tool based on seven indicators. [...]
- Knowing the Right Time to Say Goodbye to a Pet
End-of-life decisions for animals are difficult. A veterinarian has developed a scale to help clear up the confusion. [...]
- Can I Really Lose My Apartment Over an Outdoor Cat?
Short answer: yes. You’ll have to decide whether your pet’s need for unfettered outdoor time is worth losing an apartment. [...]
- The ‘Captain Marvel’ Cat Was Actually Four Cats. Here’s How That Worked.
Reggie took the lead, the rambunctious Archie stepped in for scratching, Gonzo could be held, and Rizzo was a backup. Training them wasn’t as hard a [...]