July 2015 2
We live in a world where online dating has become an easy, effective way to find your ideal soul mate. Globally, there has been a 57% increase in the number of online dating profiles — but have you ever thought of setting up a dating profile for your dog ? It’s not that crazy after all: Americans alone spend over $50 billion on their pets, who many consider to be members of the family. Here are three reasons why you might want to play matchmaker with your furry friends by setting up a dog dating profile.
1. Dogs Can Be Lonely Too
Based on surveys, 59% of dog owners only have one dog. While their owners are away at work or school, their dogs are often left alone. Of the 55 million dogs in the United States, an estimated 4% suffer from separation anxie (more…)
Though we wish they were, our pets are not invulnerable. Bad things can happen to them, and when they do, we need to know whether to take them to get emergency vet care or not. Here are just a few such issues that warrant a trip to the advanced veterinary care centers.
- Blood in Urine or Stool – If your dog has any blood in its urine or stool, it should go to a pet wellness center. Bloodly urine or feces is indicative of internal bleeding, which if left unchecked, can prove to be fatal. Failing that, there may also be something else that’s seriously wrong, such as an issue with the dog’s kidneys. Try to save some of the stool, if possible, so that the veterin (more…)
We Love Our Doggies
Did you know that nearly 50 million U.S. households own a dog? That’s nearly 50 percent of all households! Dogs are our companions and tried and true friends. They greet us when we get home, they love on us when we are sad, and they are always up for a walk or belly rub. If […]
If you’re among the 46.3 million households in the U.S. that have a dog, you’ve most likely heard some pretty ridiculous “facts” about dogs. Turns out, some popular “facts” like “you can’t teach an old dog new tricks” are just myths! Check out the following myths about dogs so you know what’s true and what’s […]
There is nothing that people love in America more than their pets. Yeah, I know it may sound silly, but this is definiltey true. Just think about first and foremost whether or not you own a pet. Then, think about all of your friend that owne either a cat or a dog or some pet, […]
- Hemingway’s Six-Toed Cats Ride Out Hurricane Irma in Key West
The 54 cats, many of them descendants of one owned by Hemingway, live at the author’s house in Key West, which was hit hard by Hurricane Irma. [...]
- The Litter Box as Litmus Test: Can This Marriage Be Scooped?
A wife is concerned about having children with a husband who was controlling about her scooping style, then abandoned care of their cat entirely. [...]
- ‘Dear Sugars’: The Truth About Cats and Dogs
The Sugars, along with the writer Julie Barton, answer letters about pet dilemmas and the ways these creatures affect human relationships. [...]
- Judge John Hodgman on Pets Who Share Names with Humans
Whom do you love more: your cat or your nephew? [...]
- How to Move When You Have Dogs and Cats
Packing up and relocating can be a logistical nightmare, and having pets may only complicate matters. Here are tips to make moving less stressful. [...]