July 2015 2
We live in a world where online dating has become an easy, effective way to find your ideal soul mate. Globally, there has been a 57% increase in the number of online dating profiles — but have you ever thought of setting up a dating profile for your dog ? It’s not that crazy after all: Americans alone spend over $50 billion on their pets, who many consider to be members of the family. Here are three reasons why you might want to play matchmaker with your furry friends by setting up a dog dating profile.
1. Dogs Can Be Lonely Too
Based on surveys, 59% of dog owners only have one dog. While their owners are away at work or school, their dogs are often left alone. Of the 55 million dogs in the United States, an estimated 4% suffer from separation anxie (more…)
Though we wish they were, our pets are not invulnerable. Bad things can happen to them, and when they do, we need to know whether to take them to get emergency vet care or not. Here are just a few such issues that warrant a trip to the advanced veterinary care centers.
- Blood in Urine or Stool – If your dog has any blood in its urine or stool, it should go to a pet wellness center. Bloodly urine or feces is indicative of internal bleeding, which if left unchecked, can prove to be fatal. Failing that, there may also be something else that’s seriously wrong, such as an issue with the dog’s kidneys. Try to save some of the stool, if possible, so that the veterin (more…)
We Love Our Doggies
When you have a household pet, chances are that you consider them to be part of your family. Given this, you likely take them to the vet on a regular basis and make sure that their shots are up-to-date. In addition to taking care of your pet’s health and well-being by only feeding them quality […]
Did you know that nearly 50 million U.S. households own a dog? That’s nearly 50 percent of all households! Dogs are our companions and tried and true friends. They greet us when we get home, they love on us when we are sad, and they are always up for a walk or belly rub. If […]
If you’re among the 46.3 million households in the U.S. that have a dog, you’ve most likely heard some pretty ridiculous “facts” about dogs. Turns out, some popular “facts” like “you can’t teach an old dog new tricks” are just myths! Check out the following myths about dogs so you know what’s true and what’s […]
- I’m a Lesbian Who Hates Cats. I’m Going to Die Alone.
They mirror bad relationships. They ghost you. They string you along with tiny rewards. [...]
- The Stripes in a Cat’s Whiskers
Feline whiskers may have bands of color similar to those observed in fur, but experts aren’t sure why. [...]
- A Bedroom for Rover, Maybe Even a Condo
For serious animal lovers, pets are like family. And doesn’t every family member deserve his own space? [...]
- Cat Declawing Ban in Denver Would Be a First Outside California
A City Council member there has proposed a bill that would ban declawing the animals, saying the procedure is painful and unnecessary. [...]
- California Tells Pet Stores Their Dogs and Cats Must Be Rescues
Critics of a new law, which applies to dogs, cats and rabbits, say small stores and backyard breeders should not be punished for “puppy mills.” [...]