How many presents for your pets did you have under your tree this Christmas?
If you are part of a family that has nearly as many gifts for the pets as you do for yourself, you are likely also the kind of family that has a favorite animal medical center where you go whenever your pet is not feeling well. Veterinary options are a great way to make sure that your pet is always getting the best care that he or she deserves. From emergency animal hospitals to other kinds of veterinary specialty centers, it is important to make sure that if you are a responsible pet owner that you have the best options for your furry friends.
Animal Medical Centers Help Pet Owners Keep Their Animals Healthy and Safe
Pet health is an important matter to the many Americans who have a cat or a dog. The fact that as many as 3.9 million American households have cats is one indicator of how many people have the need for animal medical centers. Just as you want to make sure that you take care of yourself, it is important to make sure that you take care of your pets as well. Finding the right veterinary clinic can help you make sure that you never have to go to bed worried about a sick cat or dog. Consider some of these facts and figures about pets and some of the needs that the owners have:
- Puppies and kittens should be taken in for vaccines every three to four weeks until they are 16 weeks old.
- Older pets, however, need to go in every six months for a check up, according to the recommendations from most veterinarians.
- 70% of cats and 80% of dogs show signs of dental disease by the age of three, leading to loose teeth, abscesses, and chronic pain.
- 92% of pet owners spent the same or more on their pets even during the most recent recession period, according to Forbes Magazine.
- One of the major problems that some pet owners have is dealing with fleas, an insect that has four life stages: egg, larva, pupa, and biting adult.
- The female flea can lay as many as 2,000 eggs in her lifetime, and a flea can live more than 100 days without a blood meal.
If you are someone who always makes sure that you have presents for your cat and dog on both birthdays and Christmas you also want to make sure that you have a reliable place to go when those same pets are not feeling well.